This morning I wanted to update you guys on my Fiverr case study that I started on 6th November, exactly 20 days ago. I’ll quickly re-cap the case study here to refresh your memory…
At the start of my SEO Case Study my site ranked solidly in 20th place in Google for my chosen keyword.
6th November: Ordered a Fiverr Gigg that built me 15 backlinks on PR9 sites. I provided a list of 15 anchor text and also 15 unique snippets of content. Literally about two sentences… so very thin content. I paid an additional $5 to get those 15 links bookmarked at a number of bookmarking sites.
10th November: I checked my ranking and my site had jumped from 20th place up to 17th place (an increase of 3 places).
20th November: My site was ranked 13th place in Google with a total increase of 7 places in under 2 weeks due to these 15 links and 2nd tier bookmarks.
NEW UPDATE (27th November ’13)
A couple of days ago I checked the ranking again and noticed that my site had disappeared from the first few pages of Google. I only checked the first 5 pages and didn’t see my site. When this happens it is usually down to either on of two things. It means my site has either been penalised in some way… or it means that Google is analyzing the activiy / backlinks for my site (which can be a good thing). I waited a couple of days to see if the site was going to bounce back.
I checked this morning from different browsers / locations and had my support manager check from overseas and my site has now re-appeared and is ranked 5th place on page 1 of Google for my keyword.
There has been no other link building, SEO or social activity for this particular site other than those 15 links and 2nd tier bookmarks. I put a large part of this ranking success with minimal effort down to choosing the right anchor text. I cover this “anchor text” technique in my FREE report which you can grab HERE if you haven’t yet got a copy.
I would highly recommend using a UNIQUE peice of textual content to place with EACH backlink too. I do this by writing three different snippet of content and then manually spinning each peice and then combining those three peices. That takes me about 7-10 minutes at the most and all I do then is click a button to generate a unique version which I then add to a text document below a choice of anchor text. Then repeat X number of times to coincide with the number of links you are ordering.
More Case Studies Underway Shortly
Unfortunately I couldn’t share screenshots for this case study as it is one of my sites that I need to protect. However, I am going to be running more shortly including “Youtube” videos. Some of these I will be able to document so you can see the whole process and the results over time.
Watch this space!
Tomorrows Blog Post: Writing Articles And Creating Content
I’m hoping to put together a cool post tomorrow about writing articles for your sites. This is something that lots of marketers struggle with and an area that I have lots of experience in.
I’m going to be sharing some great tips that will help you with this so keep your eyes peeled for my next email tomorrow (or simply come back to my blog).